Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Top RP Sites
Cave-Net
Cave-Net
Latest topics
» Inactivity?
Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9by Venus Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 am

» Water, water rushing through (B.W. III)
Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9by So much fire Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:54 am

» I think it's about that time, again...
Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9by Jpzarde Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

» Super Smash Brothers Life Itself
Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9by Curlystop Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 am

» --Wadotix--
Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9by Hax4Ever Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Set NPC and Event Bossess

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe
Dem' Reps : 1

Set NPC and Event Bossess Empty
PostSubject: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Hiya! While I was making my oh so wonderfull character, I had a though: Ok, so if my character get accepted, what other characters, besides player characters, will be in the world? Think about it. The world would be an empty place if their were nobody their to interact with. And what about Bosses? They were part of the main game, so:

. Are they going to any as a part of a quest?
. Any that are set in a particular location?
. Recuring Bosses?

I know some npc are going to be easy to make (Misery, Jack, and Chaba, for example) and are most likely going be in the rp, but are there going to be any new npc? That, and whether a npc is going to be permenant, or is a temporary one for a quest/event. Alota brainfood to digest here :PuuBlak:

Whata ya think?
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic
Dem' Reps : 15

Character
Race: Robot

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Well, keep in mind everything takes place 100 years after Cave Story. So, Jack, dead. Chaba, dead. Misery, probably gone.

For bosses, the flesh ones would probably be gone. But the Monster X tanks are being booty-produced. And maybe Omega would decide to shut the sun gates again.

Basically anyone can make an npc. But we're not going to document the unimportant ones, like the mimiga who lives in the fourth house down from the graveyard. Maybe for the mayor of mimiga town, but not for Joe Shmoe (Sorry, Joe.)

So, for your bullet points.

Yes, quests will probably generally include the same set of npcs. And of course, a boss at the end, though maybe not always the same boss.
Well, generally people on the island stick to their part of the island. Same would go for (most) bosses, methinks.
Recurring bosses would be like Omega, who is obviously magical and can shut the sun gates. He would recur. Monster X tanks would always be about, so those too. But some we might make up and they never come back, other we make up and they become a thing. Matters.

That satisfactory?
Back to top Go down
https://cavestoryroleplay.rpg-board.net
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Verily, good sir. When I was talking about set npc, I was talking about important ones. Can't keep track of Joe Shmoe, as you say. Sorry for not pointing that out. What npc ideas do you have floating around, though? You are the dungeon master, in a manner of speaking, so populating the zones with a few memorable characters would be an idea worth investingating.

But what about events, per say? Events and such are a topic for another day, sure, but what about npcs for these one type events( And by events, I mean one-time special ques/plotline that once done, would be done). Don't forget about bosses for those events too, and whether or not they're going to stick around after their time in the limelight is done, or will float away like ash on the winds~

I have more to say on bosses, but I want to hear your ideas and opinions on the above.
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Well, for an event. Let's say we have a christmas event where santa's great grandson tells you to go kill the Christmas Kulala. Then you do that, yay, party's over. The christmas jelly's dead, of course, but what of santa's grand-grandkid? Basically, it'd matter. In this case, I'd say he stayed. But if it were, say, santa himself. Then he goes, becauuuuse he was in the original game basically.

As for npcs floating around, don't ask me about things floating in my brain. It's a very weird, strange and generally twisted topic involving manticore, flugelhorns, and blood.
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Oh, manticores! That would be a lovely addition to the island! I'll talk more about npc's and bosses tomarrow. Have school tomarrow, after all, so night.
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Maticore? No, I don't think lovely would be my choice of words. No, not at all.
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Aww, give'm a chance! They are quite cuddly! Moving on, I want to  continue discussing my questions about npcs and bosses, in bullent point form!

* What would constitute as a boss? Could a boss fight be with a super powerful npc, other members of the forum, the environment itself( The island is magic, baby~) etc
* Would it be possible for a person to team up and npc for adventuring, or create one to have interactions with( Like making a mimga trader named Joe Shmoe be an supplier/ informant to a guy), or is that just not possible?
* Can you make a character sheet for a npc? I not talking about a different character, I'm taking about a custom npc that a person can design, with the ideas being more or less the same as in creating a actuall character. What limitation would be on this per say if this was/is possible
* Ownership: If you create a npc, is it yours to do with as you please, like letting it be used by others, or is it communal property once made available on the rp forums?
Addendum: On that subject, what happens to a person's character if a roleplayer leaves the forums? Npc? Bosses? Garbage heap?
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:58 pm

[*]A boss could be a super powerful NPC or a creature, but if it were a character it'd have to be a mod or admin's character, or done with their permission which would be semi-hard to get. I mean, a boss fight has to be godmodding, right?
[*]Well, yes, but that's kinda dumb. Get a friend to adventure with xD For interactions, on to the next question.
[*]In the future, I think this will be 'A thing'. But with rules like you can't have them in a scene without your own character, doh.
[*]This one is pretty simple. If you make an NPC without a sheet (When we have 'em, for now just be polite) then anyone can use it. But guys, really, ask.

Addendum answer: If someone leaves the forum, all their characters and NPC sheets are put up for adoption(a function I'll be adding soon) for anyone to use if they get approval. A boss they made can be used by anyone unless that boss was an NPC with a sheet, then someone would have to adopt it to use it.

That satisfactory?
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Indeed. You never gave me an answer on the manticores, though. They would make good pets!
Back to top Go down
Hax4Ever
Admin
Hax4Ever

Magic
Dem' Reps : 5

Character

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 pm

LordWindos wrote:
Indeed. You never gave me an answer on the manticores, though. They would make good pets!
I could imagine that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hax4ever.us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set NPC and Event Bossess   Set NPC and Event Bossess Hm170U9

Back to top Go down

Set NPC and Event Bossess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cave Story Roleplay :: On-Topic :: Roleplay Discussion-
Jump to: