Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Top RP Sites
Cave-Net
Cave-Net
Latest topics
» Inactivity?
Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9by Venus Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 am

» Water, water rushing through (B.W. III)
Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9by So much fire Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:54 am

» I think it's about that time, again...
Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9by Jpzarde Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

» Super Smash Brothers Life Itself
Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9by Curlystop Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 am

» --Wadotix--
Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9by Hax4Ever Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Finding Prefab Lab

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe
Dem' Reps : 1

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:53 pm

(Skip to bottom for explaintion for reposting this)

Urbel was having quite the time up here. He was practically prancing through the Balcony, taking in all the sights as he went on and scouted a spot to set up camp. Sure, he's been to some pretty amazing place before, what with all his journing across the world. And, yes, he'd been to some strange places in his time- with one location having an magical lava lake that was worshiped as a guardian deity- sure. But never a place like this. Magic here thrummed in the very air, and from what he sensed the very earth beneath him seemed to chock full of the stuff. Plus, he was on a floating island. A FLOATING ISLAND. This place screamed his affinity to all that could gaze upon it! 'Is it any wonder I love this island already?' he pondered, hacking down some tall grass in his way. 'Wonder how much magic is keeping the place afloat, though.' he thought.

Normally, the amount of magic to substain even temporary lift even a small boulder would be lot; keeping the same boulder up the air for any length of time longer than a couple of seconds would be an immense effort indeed. While he doesn't doubt that the island isn't full of magic (He's practically breathing it in!) to keep it floating, he isn't so sure as to how. Was it just magic's way of acting on the island? Was some being maintaining a spell on the island. If it was that, he'd want to steer clear of them. Or beg them for there secrets. Depends on how friendly such a being

" I wonder how that would work out for me, eh?"  he said to himself, shaking his head. He had a pretty good idea what the outcome would be...

"Well, if I play the cards rights, I might be able to get my hand on the knowledge on how this sucker flies. Imagine what I could do with such might?! I can just se it, my headquarters, flying several miles high in the sky..." He laughed at this, bearing a awfully fierce grin at the thought. That would show the world who's the boss! Distracted by his fantasies of his cowering rival for power, he was surprised to see a building that was sitting on a flat track of land. Strange. Why didn't notice this earlier? He looked behind him, seeing all the tall grass that was surrounding this area. He saw the path he hacked through to get here, and he noticed that the grass was tall enough to hide the building from sight until one stubbles into the clearing. Frankly, it didn't make much sense for such grass to grow up top here- the wind should have buffeted the seeds away! Since he landed on the ground, however, he noticed that despite the fact that the island was crazy high in the sky, the breeze was gentle. Chalk it up to another phenomena of the island.

The build was small and squat, with drab, grey walls that looked to be made of plaster. The house had seen better times, with weeds growing up around it up the wall cracked and faded. Judging from what he saw, it seemed abandoned, left to rot up here so high. Deciding to investigate, he walked up to it and inspected the front door. By the looks of it, it was old, and needed some oil with all the rust that was clinging to it. He tested the handle on it, and found that it turned easily. Unlocked, or maybe it didn't have one. Shrugging, he checked behind him to see if anything was creeping in on him, and finding that he was still all alone, went in.

Closing the door behind him, he noticed the place inside was quite dusty. He saw a small, dirty window by a plain twin sized bed, with a book case inside an alcove at the end of the room. What caught his interests, however, we this strange looking machine that was on the opposite side of the room facing the bed. Curiousity now biting him to go check it out, after it had missed the chance to look at some dragons(dragons!), he willingly followed its call. Looking at it, it had a would, circular base that was big enough where he could step on it and still have room around in. Up and around it was a cylinder of glass, with a metal top on it that had what looked like lights on it. 'Seems like some sort giant test tube, or something', he snidely thought. Right by it was a desk with a monitor that was connected to the machine, complete with keyboard and mouse. Compared to the rest of the room, this seemed newer, and out of place.

He decided to check out the computer. Walking up to the desk, he checked around it to find the power switch. Seeing none, he decided to fiddle around with the mouse and see if that would do the trick. As luck would have it, the monitor lighted up, displaying a screen with different icons on it. On the top right of it he found a line of text that read 'Prefab Lab Teleporter'. So this strange contraption was a teleporter? He imagined a tele would look more professional and boxy than this. And would it even work? 'Well, don't know until you try,' he thought, as he move the mouse over the icons displayed. Mimiga village, Aquaducts, Grassland... they all seemed to be locations. He moved his mouse over on the icon that look like-shudder- some overgrown cockroach.

'Couldn't they use any other image than some nasty axx bug?', he grimaced, not liking the look of it at all. 'Laberayth' was the name that popped up. "Laberayth, huh? That sounds interesting..." he said, deciding to click on it to find out more. Suddenly, the machine sprang to life, the screen flashing, displaying the words 'Laberayth teleporter selected. Please stand by....' The 'teleporter' by it start to light up, with the red lights on top flashing and whirling around. The pad started to glow an ominous blue as well. Jumping back, he summoned his scythe, ready for any action. And what a scythe it was! Made of tugestian and Chickadee, it weight more the 300 pound. Most of the weight was the giant, wicked looking blade on top. From the end of the pole, it looked like and upside down crescent, with gleaming edges that could give someone, or thing, a nasty cut.

His caution turned out to be unproved, as the machine began to quiet down, with nothing threatening , like laser beams or turrent systems coming out to blast him for  'illegal access'. The lights stopped moving, and began to dim as a door slided open on the cylinder. Words began light on the monitor, ' Teleporter ready. Please step into teleporter.,'.

Dispelling his scythe, he put a fist to his chin, thinking what to do. 'Well, if I get into it, I'll be going to where ever this 'Laberayth' is. While taking it would lead me into the interior of the island faster, I don't know what I'm getting into when I come out on the other side. Plus, I haven't finished exploring up here, and if this building is any indication, there might be people around here  that could give me some pointers.' He remembers, though, the state of the house he was in, and the fact that he's spent about a week exploring  the area. He had not seen any other buildings besides some small ruins -which didn't contain any magical treasure, poo- and, if he was facing the right way and had same elevation, he saw what might be a gaint one in the distance. And grass, grass ,grass. The fact he found this place at all was a small miracle in of itself.

'Their might not just be some more houses around, judging by the way this house is isolated and abandoned. I haven't seen any animals to hunt either along the way, so if I keep going, I'm gonna run out of food before a can cover the whole top. Unless I can find and kill me some dragons. Without having my flesh melted off, and blacked, that is.' He continued to think, putting a hand over his face and shaking his head, chuckling over the morbid image that flashed into his head. Him, in a twisted, charred heap, face contorted into a painful, screaming countenance, as a dragon began munching on his legs, its maw filled with teeth stained with his own blood and gore.

Pushing that image away, he though that he could perhaps go up and fly around above the area, and get a look at the local surroundings. He didn't like this idea, however, since he still wasn't feeling quite right after his flight up here. Plus, he would have to strip and leave his stuff here if he wanted to get more than a few feet off the fround without killing himself from exhaustion. 'No, not going to let that happen again, no after what happened last time.' He shivered, remembering that time. Lions are bad news indeed, especially when you wake them up from there nap. Messy.

Getting frustrated at the lack of solutions, he threw up his hands and said, " Well, I'm not getting anywhere here with trying to find a way around my problems! I'm taking the teleporter. It looks like it'll work, and if it someone went to the trouble of setting one up a whole network of them, their has some one on the other side of them." Still, he was worried. What if he was wrong, and he ended up half dead from this trip. Or even worse. He'd seen the 'Flyman" movie, after all. Gaagh, this is getting him nowhere! He either takes this tele, and deals with whatever the consquences there of, or he sticks it out of he and risk running out of supplies. Giving up and going home was NOT an option. He wasn't quite eager to start hunting dragons, too

Taking a breath, he steeled his resolve, and boldy steeped into the cylinder. It closed as soon as he was inside, and in a flash, he was gone.
===
As he was teleporting away, our little curious dragon was searching for him. It had just come back from its hunt to find that he left the ruins, and had been on his trail searching for him ever since. It wasn't about to let such a amazing and interesting creature escape it! It would be sooo unfun~. "Kyuuuuuuu!", it went, getting closer and closer to where the creature was. Excited, it flew faster and faster, until it was merrily zooming along, intent on finding its quarry.

Very soon(Crickey, that dragon is fast!) it found the Prefab Building. Finding the
creature's scent to be very fresh, it look around the strange blocky place to find the creature, but it was nowhere to be found. It would be able to see its pelt for sure, with it being all white and shiny! And the orange fur on top of it would be a beacon for it. The dragon crooned at the thought of the hair. It was so bright and orangey! With no luck find him from up in the air, it touch down on the ground and began investigating.

Almost immediately it found the sent go to a strange looking sections of the place
Remembering when the creature opened up that secret way into the spooky weird rock(Which had its scary thing back around it!), it went forward and butted it. The door flew open and slammed against the wall, and the creature marched in, with a little squeezing. It didn't care much about stealth at this point, as it was eager after so many days to see and meet the strange and amazing creature. When it found the cave like place to be empty. it let out a pitiful "Kyuuuu...". Where was the creature? It scent point in here! Sniffing the air, it
follow the trail until it found the teleporter. It was open after Urbel's trip to the
layberath, and was big enough for the dragon to go searching in it. The dragon did so, sniffing around in it to find out where the strange and mystifying creature went.

As it did so, its tail accidently hit the mouse, selecting the same place he went to.
Immediately the teleporter started up, and began the tele process. The dragon bolted up at this, letting out a panicked screech, and tried to get out of the scary thingy. It was too late though, as the glass door slide shut, and teleported the frightened dragon away.

A/N: I'm reposting this with permission from Glaggy in order to correct a problem I made by breaking the rules. This is not spam, and I take full responsibility for any consequence that occur form this.

Last edited by LordWindos on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic
Dem' Reps : 15

Character
Race: Robot

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:03 pm

As of right now, you're at 1733 words. Add that 267 words, and I can grade it :3
Back to top Go down
https://cavestoryroleplay.rpg-board.net
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Finally got the time and desire to finish up this flashback. Tell me how I did. And you can flame it as much as you want to. Misery build character, after all.

SueuS: I just thought she turn people into mimigas
Hermit Gunsmith : Not talking her, Sue.
SueuS : Oh, sorry.
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Well, that was an enjoyable read overall!

My one, two complaints are grammar and spelling- Quite a lot of mistakes. But, I can tell you certainly know how to use words; I saw everything very clearly, a vivid story painted with your words. So I can see while you may not be a master in english, you have a sense of eloquence to you! I understood your character very well, and I really did smile while reading it.

So,
I grant'st thee 60 Triangles and my profound encouragement~

I rate four out of five hats.
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Nice! Gush reading fanfiction and making sure to vary words is good! Typing has never been a strong suit of mine, though, and my syntax use could be left to desire. Still, their is hope for me yet! Latter, I'll give you the story about how he came up his plan to get on the island!
Back to top Go down
LordWindos
Lazor Beamz
LordWindos

Scythe

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:42 am

((Maybe you could move this to completed flashback area? This is done been graded, after all))
Back to top Go down
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:50 am

I.... I didn't even know I made one of those. Good idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding Prefab Lab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Prefab Lab   Finding Prefab Lab Hm170U9

Back to top Go down

Finding Prefab Lab
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cave Story Roleplay :: On-Topic :: Completed Flashback Archive-
Jump to: