Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Do you want to Log in? if you dont have an account already, please create one! The forum needs you, and there is tons of cool stuff you are missing out on!
Cave Story Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Top RP Sites
Cave-Net
Cave-Net
Latest topics
» Inactivity?
Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9by Venus Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 am

» Water, water rushing through (B.W. III)
Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9by So much fire Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:54 am

» I think it's about that time, again...
Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9by Jpzarde Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

» Super Smash Brothers Life Itself
Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9by Curlystop Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 am

» --Wadotix--
Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9by Hax4Ever Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Training (Jpzarde)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic
Dem' Reps : 15

Character
Race: Robot

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Awesome, I have someone to train!

I'll ask you three questions before we start-

A). Do you have any past Roleplaying experience (At all, like, anything.)
II. Is English your first language, and are you relatively comfortable with it? (Scale comfort from 1-10)
Three: Would you like to start with an RP, or would you want to begin with me rattling off pitfalls and places you could slip up beforehand?
Back to top Go down
https://cavestoryroleplay.rpg-board.net
Jpzarde
Ghost in the Clinic
Jpzarde

Polar Star
Dem' Reps : 0

Character
Race: Gaudi

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:12 pm

A look into the mind of yours truely:

A). I did do some role playing on a server in an online videogame. The game's called Blockland, and the role play in question is called "WinterBite". It's about the recovery of society in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, and it takes place in the humble state of Alaska. Unfortunately, I didn't take as much part in many of the events as I would've hoped to, but that's something I hope to fix this go around.

II (or was it B? I'unno)B. English is my first language, and I'm pretty sure I've got a good grip on it, especially on a keyboard. I do have to occasionally have to use the correctional feature to fix bad spelling and grammar, though only about 10% of the time. Comfort scale is an 8.5/10.

And lastly, I'd like to go over any potential pitfalls, just to be absolutely sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/index.php?/user/7292-jpzarde/
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Awesome! Your answers look pretty good, no followup question ones needed.

Okay, so you want to learn of the hazards of roleplay? Assuming your personality is deeply ingrained into your mindset, actually becoming the characters you play as is probably a relatively low risk (Though, dreaming of them can be expected for some). After that obvious one, there's the more generalized ones, with the places you could get in trouble for in most places. These things are:

God-modding Types; 
Godmodding (omnipotence), making one's character either be or act in a way that has them morbidly powerful and doing things that really make nothing fun for anyone.
Omniscience, having a character know more than they should. This is baaaasically (at this site, anyhow) having a character know more than what's in their character profile or what they may have learned in previous RPs or maybe a Flashback.
Sub-subtype: Having a character act differently from their sheet. This is simply fixed, ask me if you can update the sheet if it's not how you thought, or doesn't properly reflect your character!
Omnipresence (Game Master-playing), this is when someone stops playing their character and completely changes the direction of a story, makes things happen without their character making that happen, and generating anything without really good reason. This one is actually permissible if you've talked to your fellow Rpers in that thread and maybe a mod or admin if the thing is really big. It's kind of a fusion of the above two types, but for some reason people think they can do it anyhow.

After those, there's more writing oriented problems. If you've never written anything before (I'm pretty sure you went past aaaah, third grade, so you have), then RP is going to be hard. You need to, first, discover what "Person" you are more comfortable writing. I, right now, am writing in first person. That's because I am me. It RPs in second person, though. The previous sentence is in third person, and the next is in second. Well, you think it's in second, anyhow. See? It's basically like this- First is I, second is You, third is He/She/It/whatever.
Then there are the "Tenses." Generally people RP in past tense, like "He did," put future tense is "She will" and present tense is "It goes." Again, it's probably 80% of the time that people use Past. But, sometimes people do use Present (This is mostly in a real-time RP, like a Chatbox RP). I've never seen someone seriously Roleplay in future tense.
As a note, if someone you're RPing with is using past tense but you're using present, it's easier on them for you to switch to past.

Why do I mention these? Because if you don't choose what you're going to do from the start, switching things up may just kill you. It's like reading a different key in music, or switching from reading Manga to western comics. Switch and it'll trip you up hard.

Another thing to mention here is that people are not nice. Or, less cynically, not everyone is nice. If you're sensitive, someone you RP with could be mean and that could hurt you. I feel like I would have loved this particular warning, so I'm saying it now.
Also, just because someone's character is a jerk does not mean they are. The opposite is... Yes, it is true. And kind of disgusting.

Another one: If someone tells you to fix something, they really are trying to help. Unless they aren't, but then you don't have to listen to them because they are not on staff.

Sooo, that clear stuff up? Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Jpzarde
Ghost in the Clinic
Jpzarde

Polar Star
Dem' Reps : 0

Character
Race: Gaudi

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Many thanks for the advice!

Two questions:

What's the time zone of this website? I remember reading somewhere in the vicinity of France, but I'd like to be certain.

Can we start a small practice RP? I'd like to make the first post, but you can give details on the locale and conditions if you think it will be beneficial to my training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/index.php?/user/7292-jpzarde/
The Lithping One
Admin
The Lithping One

Magic

Character

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure I set the time zone to something like that on accident, but later changed it to mine, Central Time.

And yes, sure! You're free to make any sort of introductory post anywhere you want! Though, a nice calm place is the Outer Wall. But seeing as your character is Gaudi, the Labyrinth may be more explainable. Whatever you want ;3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training (Jpzarde) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training (Jpzarde)   Training (Jpzarde) Hm170U9

Back to top Go down

Training (Jpzarde)
Page 1 of 1